Dear friends of the iLab,
I am sure we are all aware of the emergency situation getting more and more serious – and are all gravely concerned. Please read through this message.
iLab limiting its activities
For the safety of iLab staff and iLab users (and in reference to the government’s regulations on public gatherings), we are sorry to inform you that all our public events are cancelled or postponed until further notice. Your health is more important!
We are currently still operating, but taking a number of precautions to ensure the safety of everyone. We continually seek the advice of various Liberian and international authorities and act accordingly.
What you can do to help in your community
- ACT POSITIVELY!
- STAY SAFE – wash your hands, do not touch sick or dead people
- DON’T PANIC – act with concern and safety, do not spread information that you do not know for sure
- LISTEN TO THE RADIO – constantly
- GET THE ESSENTIAL NUMBERS ON PAPER! – hotlines, health facilities, police, family, etc
- RESPECT – health workers, those who are sick, authorities – and your fellow human beings!
SPREAD YOUR POSITIVE ATTITUDE TO OTHERS!
Numbers to calls for help or questions relating to Ebola
Ministry of Health and Social Welfare: 1333 (LoneStar) or 4455 (Cellcom)
UNICEF: 0886-520581 or 0886-374733
- UNMIL Radio – 91.5 FM
- Liberia Broadcasting System (LBS) – 99.9 FM
- Voice FM – 102.7 FM
We will be posting announcements, sending SMS’s to our user base and doing other things. DON’T BE FOOLED BY FALSE INFORMATION AND RUMORS!
The iLab staff